- La Grange aux Oies – just 5 minutes drive from La Betoulle at the Chateau de Nieuil in a stunning setting and offering superb food incorporating local seasonal produce; summer terrace; one of the best restaurants in the Charente with a set €56 Menu Gourmand (inc of aperitifs, wine, coffee & all the little extras) reservations essential!! http://www.grange-aux-oies.com/
- Within walking distance in St. Claud there are two bar/restaurants: Les Tilleuls and les Platanes – both offer good value meals.
- La Cassotte – good local cooking and only 5 minutes away…….
Within 15 minutes:
- Chasseneuil has 3 restaurants to suit all tastes from pizza to Menu du Jour & a la carte @ Logis des Saveurs
- Chez Steph at La Rochefoucauld serves great steaks, burgers and pizza – great setting opposite the Chateau and with a great atmosphere
Within 30 minutes and worth the journey:
- Moulin de la Tardoir, Montbron – riverside setting and ideal for lunch- 19 euro formule menu offers excellent quality food…
- Cheval Blanc at Luxe – a long established restaurant which serves an excellent lunch or dinner – recently revamped…..
- Auberge de l’Argentor in the pretty village of Nanteuil – always busy, great place for lunch with lovely walks nearby
- Domaine des Etangs – the region’s newest Restaurant Gourmand – gained a Michelin star in first season
- Angouleme is full of good restaurants – consider the Moulin Neuf, La Ruelle, Le Terminus, La Table a Dessin, La Margelle …….